紅葉: Koto-in Temple, Kyoto

I took a day trip to Kyoto and wandered around the northern area to visit a temple I had never been to, Daitokuji.

There are many sub-temples within this complex and I stumbled upon Koto-in just before closing, during the golden hour of afternoon light.
After exiting the temple, I saw a man walking the most excited little labrador retriever puppy. The puppy was seemingly impossible to take a picture of, until he heard the shutter sound and curiously stopped what puppies do and stared into my camera lens. What a cutie!
I took most of these photos with a 100mm macro lens, which was fun and effective as the place was swarming with tourists, but I wish I was able to take more pictures of the building itself as the architecture and garden were stunning in person. I totally recommend this temple to anyone looking to get off the beaten path in Kyoto.





Comments

Popular Posts