the blue telephone


The roses he had given her on their last date had already dried out in their vase.
In the middle of touching up her lipstick, the phone rang. Terrible news. Bobby was not coming to pick her up in his cherry red Cadillac Coupe deVille convertible and take her dancing tonight. Actually, he wasn't coming to pick her up at all. It was over. The line went silent.
How could he do this to me? Our last date had been so swell...

Perhaps I should invite Lillian to go dancing with me instead. I can't bear to stay home alone tonight.

She picked up the receiver and dialed Lillian in a trance. Lillian was her best friend. She would understand. They would laugh it off together tonight over root beer floats.
Lillian answered the phone after one ring, but her voice sounded rushed and impatient.
"Hello?!"
 "Hi! It's me."
"Oh hi. Not to be rude, but I'm getting ready for a date tonight and just must concentrate on doing my make-up. You understand, right?"
"Wait, you have a date? How in the world could I not have known this?"
"Well, I was just invited. You know that sweet new kid Bobby with the Coup DeVille?"
"Oh yes. I know him."
"Oh you know him? He's picking me up in 10 minutes. So I really must go!"
"I see. Have fun."
He wasn't even worth crying over, but her eyes watered nonetheless.
first 3 photos: ( Konica A-com1・50 mm lens f1.7 / Lomography Color Negative 400 ISO film)
5th & 6th photos: (Canon A1・35 mm lens, f2 / Lomography Lady Grey BW 400 ISO film)
last 2 photos: (Canon 5D・80mm lens, f2 / iso400)

Comments

Popular Posts