Coffee Break: SATURDAYS SURF NYC

On the weekends, I like to bike down south to Shinsaibashi/Horie. 
As the shadows grow longer and the bike ride home starts to look daunting, 
I realize I NEED COFFEE NOW! 
 SATURDAY SURF NYC opened last year and stands out to me for its spaciousness. 
The natural light and high ceilings are a nice break from the tiny, 
slightly claustrophobic cafes and coffee shops dotting the city. 
 The fresh baked goods in darling glass pie keeps and jars remind me of my
 childhood growing up in a surfer cafe in Pauwela, Maui.
 Surf goods and cookies. (And a double exposure of a waterfall?)
 Just what I need to bike the arduous ride home.
In the spring through the fall, the bifold doors open up to the street (great for people watching 
in this little fashionable side of town).

(This post's pictures shot on Canon A-1 and 35-75mm lens, on expired Minolta Pro-use iso 400 film)

Comments

Popular Posts