Jumbo Bubbles | Good-bye summer, it's been real.

Ahhh summer, you were unbearbly hot and uncomfortable, yet made me feel very alive. This past summer I made many new friends and enjoyed some great adventures. I forgot to post about it, but I also successfully crafted a JUMBO BUBBLE WAND. I can't find the website I used to make my wand, but here's similar set of directions (with enviously good photos): http://lusaorganics.typepad.com/clean/2013/08/diy-giant-bubble-wand-tutorial.html
Here, I am trying to screw the screw eyes into the dowel. I used a 5 yen coin instead of a washer because I am fancy...or cheap (a set of washers would be 108 yen)
Kaz going crazy with the bubbles.
Everyone knows bubble-making is best executed in vintage aloha print mini-dresses. DUH.
Jono making a fab bubble. His terrific 80s theme attire is also appropriate for bubble making.
I'm freaking out. How can this bubble? I just can't. Even. When will it end?
Yay! Bubble!
Yay BUBBLE! Oh no! Stop! (The 1971 Willy Wonka scene where Charlie and grandpa are rapidly floating to the ceiling of choppy knife fan comes to mind) DON'T PUT THE LENS IN THE BUB--*Bubble pops* OHMYGOD (facepalm). My face after this picture is not a happy one.
Unfortunately, Our Great Jumbo Bubble Wand ran out of magic after about 20 bubbles.
Farewell summer. I didn't even get a tan this year, and you're already leaving me.


















Comments

Popular Posts